.

{Paper Towel Painting}


I've been out of commission for a few days with a bad back. It hasn't been much fun for anyone, really.  Poor Daddy Pea has a heavier-than-usual load to take care of because of it, and the little peas have been giving him a run for his money.

While Daddy Pea ran out to the corner store, I was left 'supervising' Sweet Pea at painting. We figured she'd be happy doing that for a while and I wouldn't really have to do anything other than sit at the table with her (which was painful enough!).

Of course, the minute he left she decided she was "all done!" and wanted out of her chair. I couldn't lift her out so I needed to distract her with more painting. Out of sheer desperation and the fact that I could barely move, I reached for the nearest thing - the roll of paper towels! I gave her a sheet to paint and then helped her press it onto a piece of paper to make a print.

Lo and behold, it looked great! The pattern on the paper towel made an interesting, textured print on the paper.



 Just then Princess Pea woke up from her nap (somewhat) and came to join in.



They made such lovely prints that I think we'll have to do this again
when we're all in better moods and fully mobile.




PreK + K Sharing